H.F.H., Ltd. is a private, family-owned partnership established in 1965 for the benefit of the descendants of Milton and Estelle Getz, the parents of the only direct descendants of Kaspare Cohn, a Los Angeles merchant trader, banker and philanthropist at the turn of the 20th century. In the early 20th century, Kaspare was the founder of the Kaspare Cohn Commercial & Savings Bank, which later became Union Bank & Trust, and of the Kaspare Cohn Hospital, which later became Cedars of Lebanon, one of two hospitals that merged to form Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Under the direction of 4 General Partners, including two great-grandchildren of Kaspare Cohn, H.F.H., Ltd. provides family-office services to its limited partners, including estate management, tax management and lending services. H.F.H., Ltd. currently owns and manages a diverse real estate portfolio of apartment communities and multi-tenant commercial properties, primarily in Southern California, including:
1. Patio Gardens, Long Beach, California, (100% owned by HFH) was built in 1958 and acquired by HFH in June of 2018. The property consists of 19 2-story buildings on a 6-acre lot offering 127 spacious garden-style two-bedroom multifamily homes comprised a mixture of townhomes and flat style floor plans. Some of the amenities include private patios, a fitness center, individual garages, onsite laundry facilities, and spacious/upgraded units.
2. Emerald Gardens, Torrance, California, (100% owned by HFH) is an apartment community that was built in 1969 and consists of forty units of one and two-bedroom homes. Located in West Torrance near Del Amo Shopping Center and purchased in 2018, the gated property offers onsite laundry facilities, secured underground parking spots and mature landscaping. Emerald Gardens is conveniently located near 405 and 110 freeway, with close proximity to LAX and beach cities.
3. Downey Court Apartments, Downey, California, (100% owned by HFH) was built in 1966 and acquired by HFH in 2011. Downey Court offers 74 affordable homes ranging from one to three bedrooms in a gated community that also boasts two pools and a fitness center. HFH has demonstrated “pride of ownership” by contributing significant capital towards improvements of the property that have resulted in a reduction in delinquencies and significantly increased rental rates since acquisition.
4. Florentine Apartments, Downey, California, (100% owned by HFH) was built in 1965 and acquired by HFH in 2011. The two acre, gated property includes 44 two-bedroom and 4 three-bedroom homes with an average apartment size of 1,500 SF. Florentine Apartments garners some of the highest rents in the sub-market, offering two full baths per apartment, a fitness center, a pool and spa, gated parking, and easy accessibility to two major freeways.
5. Keswick Court Apartments, Culver City, California (100% owned by HFH) was built in 1957 and acquired by HFH in 2014. The 60 garden apartment community is comprised primarily of two and three bedroom homes and Keswick Court is the only apartment building in an otherwise entirely residential area that is nestled against the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook, a California State Park. HFH property management is focused on continuing on-going improvements to this value-add property and positioning Keswick Court to keep pace with the dynamic and exciting growth within Culver City.
6. Westwood Garden Apartments, Los Angeles, California, (100% owned by HFH) was built in 1952 and acquired by HFH in 2017. Located in the vibrant Westwood submarket, Westwood Garden Apartments is in the process of a complete renovation, including new electrical service to the building, new electrical conduit throughout the building, new supply water throughout the building, the full-scale remodeling of each apartment and a renovation to the exterior of the building and the grounds. With 24 one-bedroom apartment homes, this property will enjoy significant value enhancement in an enduring submarket of Los Angeles.
7. Park Montair Apartments, Long Beach, California, (50% ownership by HFH) was built in 1963 and acquired by HFH in 1965. With 216 garden apartments covering seven acres of well-landscaped gardens, courtyards, and a 1,000 SF fitness center, this residential complex has an exceptionally high tenant retention rate. Under HFH property management, this well-maintained property continues to achieve market rents despite a below-market vacancy rate.
8. Westchester Place II, Los Angeles, California, (100% ownership by HFH) is a 12,000 square foot commercial building operated by HFH property management. Located on well-trafficked Sepulveda Boulevard in the heart of the Westchester Business District, just north of LAX, this building houses a Wells Fargo Bank as well as several boutique commercial clients and HFH’s headquarters office.
9. Allied Office Plaza, La Mesa, California, (82% ownership by HFH) was built in 1983 and acquired by HFH in 1988. This 107,000 square foot seven-story office building is the most prestigious office address in San Diego's "East County.” Under HFH property management, occupancy is typically maintained at 95% and lease rates are consistently higher than its market comparables. In 1999 HFH completed construction of a separate 22,000 square foot build-to-suit learning center on the property for the current tenant, National University.
10. Long Beach Post Office Building (75% owned by HFH) is a 15,000 square foot mixed use building in Long Beach located in an industrial park with a single tenant in the semi-conductor business.
11. Mar Vista Palms Apartments, Los Angeles, California, is a 44 apartment complex that was built in 1968 and is owned by existing partners of HFH and has been operated by HFH since 1975. Mar Vista Palms is ideally located in west Los Angeles, west of the 405 and just north of Venice Blvd and has achieved above-market rents while maintaining a low vacancy rate.
12. Century West Apartments, Los Angeles, California, is a total of 51 apartment homes comprised of two properties built in 1962 and is owned by existing partners of HFH and has been operated by HFH since 1975. Century West Apartments is conveniently situated close to the 405, the VA hospital and the UCLA campus.
13. Santa Rosalia Apartments, Los Angeles, California, was built in 1948 and is owned by existing partners of HFH and has been operated by HFH since 2017. With 24 apartments, each with its own garage and averaging nearly 1,000 SF, Santa Rosalia is located in the improving sub-market of Baldwin Hills. Since assuming management, HFH has significantly boosted market rents and overseen considerable capital improvement efforts.
14. Abourne Apartments, Los Angeles, California, was also built in 1948 and is owned by existing partners of HFH and has been operated by HFH since 2017. With 16 apartments, each with its own garage and averaging nearly 1,000 SF, Abourne Apartments is located adjacent to Santa Rosalia Apartments and has enjoyed significant operational improvements since HFH assumed management.
15. In partnerships begun more than four decades ago, HFH holds a 37.5% interest in a 120,000 square foot industrial building in Houston, Texas and 17% to 27.5% interests in five partnerships which own more than 1,200 apartments in Omaha and Minneapolis. These properties were purchased between 1978 and 1985.
HFH LTD Property Management
Phone (310) 568-8585
Copyright © 2019 HFH Ltd is a registered trademark of HFH Ltd. All rights reserved. Powered by Computer Specialists Inc